Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blogs

At the beginning of October, I published my first blog post. It was a write up I did about poverty. Ever since October, I have written up different blogs for LA. It is a weekly assignment, and we have one class to work on it before its homework. I’ve had different opinions on blogs since October.

My first couple blog posts I got marks that I didn’t like. I think for the first 5 or 6 posts, I got the exact same mark. However, I thought blogs were fun because I could say how I felt about a certain topic. I think that blogs were good for showing me how working harder improves my grade. I liked to see that when I worked hard it pays off.

Recently I haven’t thought of any good things to write about, so I don’t do very much in class. That leads to homework or getting a zero. Even though I don’t like blogs anymore, I think they are a good idea for teachers to do. They make students practice writing proper paragraphs, and I think they make starting essays easier. Blogs are supposed to be 2-3 paragraphs, and essays are supposed to be 5. It isn’t a big difference in length, and what you write about is the same.

After half a year of writing blogs, I think I will be prepared for high school essays, and writing assignments in general. Blogs have been a good use of class time, and they have taught me a lot. I hope that teachers still use blogs for grade 8 students, instead of one speech, or one essay a year.

I commented on Peters blog, gipsyqueen123.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice bro. good blog. at least it looks good, ;)
    haha

    ReplyDelete